We've had the next Masters of the Force focused livestream from Broadsword and this time it was focused on the upcoming levelling ventures. I mentioned in my post about their last livestream that I was interested in the new system, but I'm more than happy with the base difficulty toggle being added.
I couldn't catch the stream live, but I did watch a vod some days later, and I think it ended up being mostly what I expected. Whereas the difficulty toggles seem very much for people that just want a harder difficulty because they don't like how easy the game has become, this venture system seems more designed for people looking for a temporary challenge that adds rewards, something that can be completed and/or earned, and that's fine by me.
I can definitely see myself making venture characters, as it does lock you into those harder difficulties, and even adds some restrictions like only being able to use your two original advanced class options, which I assume was to avoid everyone rolling stealth classes to skip all the mobs and most of the challenge. I suppose this is due to ventures being reward focused, so Broadsword has to put a lot more effort into how players will try and cheese or break the difficulty that is intended. I would like to see more info on the rewards provided, as they didn't really go into detail there, there's a lot of potential for what they could use.
Overall, I think it's a cool system, and I'm glad it exists. I think for me, if I do partake in it, I'll mostly be ignoring all those extras they've added and just playing it old school with the harder difficulty enabled.
No comments:
Post a Comment