Friday, September 4, 2026

Galactic Seasons 11 is Here

I'm a few weeks late, but SWTOR's Galactic Seasons 11 is now live, and similar to GS10, it focuses on two older seasons, and as a result, a lot of the rewards are from those two older seasons (season 2 & 4).

I like Galactic Seasons as a whole, and think they've been mostly a good addition to the game (especially with the amount of cartel coins you can get from them), I've got most of the rewards from most of the seasons, but not everything, as I tend to play SWTOR in waves, so there were some seasons active during some of my down periods with the game. Not only that, but I tend to focus on only one server nowadays, I have tried to do multiple servers in the past (for more CC), but I've learned it just leads me to burn out and stop altogether, so I no longer attempt to do that beyond the easy level 8 200 CC reward.

I must admit, that I've grown somewhat tired of the recent seasons. They've lacked that big hook that the earlier seasons had, in that there hasn't been a new companion or anything that revolves around the seasons. It's just a re-do of the older ones, with a few new rewards sprinkled in. Don't get me wrong, it's great if you missed some of those older rewards (and I have), but the season definitely lacks that excitement that other seasons had. Season 11 very much seems like a re-do of season 10, with the only positive difference being that I don't have to do the DvL bosses any more, they had long worn our their welcome for me.

I'll definitely try to get the full track finished on my home server, but I also tend to be wary of falling into that FOMO trap that this sort of system is designed to pull you into. I finished the full track of season 10, but my sub ran out, so I actually missed out of the level 100 mount reward (as I can't sub right now due to some life circumstances). On the one hand, I wasn't happy about that, but on the other hand, I know the system is designed to make me feel that way, and it's just one mount out of hundreds of others I have, so it's not a big deal.

I do really like that Galactic Seasons will push me to do things I don't normally do, but after so many seasons, I tend to stick to the objectives I know I can do quickly and efficiently. I'm not one to do the full 7/7 each week, and I'm usually content with 4 or 5 a week. Furthermore, I'd like to think that with Masters of the Force on the way soon, that a lot of their development time has gone into all the new stuff coming with that, so GS10 & 11 using older rewards, makes development easier for them in that aspect. I'd like to hope season 12 spices it up a bit though instead of just being season 5 & 6 rewards, I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world for me, as season 5 & 6 are the two seasons I am missing most of the rewards from.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment